Having a hard time selling your house in Vancouver? Find yourself wondering, “Will I ever sell my house in Vancouver, Washington?” Keep reading and maybe soon you won’t be saying “I can’t sell my house in Vancouver!”
Had your house on the market for a little while and still haven’t received any offers? Don’t fret! There are options available to help you move that house off the market faster than you might think.
One of the things you must keep in mind is that even though you always want to sell for more than you paid, the current market and the condition of your house in Vancouver, Washington may prevent that from being a possibility. The first thing you’ll want to do is get to know your market and consider lowering your asking price. Chances are, however, if you are here reading this, you’ve already tried that at least once. So let’s look at some more options for homeowners in Vancouver, Washington that have been unable to sell.
What Options do I have if I Can’t Sell my House in Vancouver?
Here are five options besides lowering the asking price to try if your house isn’t selling in Vancouver, Washington:
- Take Your Home Off the Market: It might not be the right time for your home or area of Vancouver. Your time might better be served taking the home off the market for now and waiting until a better time to reintroduce it to the market with a few updates and a new asking price. Of course, you need to be able to afford mortgage payments in the meantime for this option.
- Rent out your Home: If you had someone in your home paying rent, then you could use that rent money to pay your mortgage. This can buy you time to find a buyer or perhaps to secure a permanent living situation elsewhere while using the house to supplement your income and/or pay off your mortgage.
- Get a second mortgage: If you are in a situation where you have a lot of equity in your home already, you have the option of taking out an equity loan. Of course, this means you will have a higher monthly payment as well. There is also a chance you can work out a modification plan with your bank to renegotiate the loan. Additionally, you may be able to convert your mortgage from an adjustable to a fixed-rate mortgage with lower interest. The second mortgage could be used in any number of ways as an investment including additional real estate.
- Pursue a Short Sale: If you only recently purchased your home and are still upside down on the mortgage, that is you owe more than it’s worth, you could also consider a short sale. In some cases, you can even negotiate your lender down to take less than what you owe. Lenders with no other choice but foreclosing will sometimes accept a short sale. Another challenge to a short sale is finding a buyer who will be able to close quickly. One last caveat: short-sales can affect your credit score in such a way as to cause you to be disqualified from receiving a mortgage in the future. For home owners in the Vancouver, Washington, Summit Development is a reputable investment firm who is able to close quickly to assist with a short sale. To know more, fill out the form on this site or call us at 360-667-5424.
- Lease your House to Own: You could also offer your house to somebody with the option to purchase it through a lease. If you have a tenant or someone who wants to rent the place but you don’t have a qualified buyer, this may be a good option. For you, you’ll be able to collect rent and the lease fee from the tenant. For the tenant, by paying the lease fees, they are able to get the time they need to make a down payment and get into a home to establish credit. Another advantage for the owner is that if the tenant doesn’t exercise the lease option, the lease fees can be kept as income.
- Sell Your Home To A Real Estate Company – If you are looking to sell your house relatively fast and don’t want to jump through a lot of hoops, consider selling to a real estate company like Summit Development. We are a local company based in Washington State and have worked hard to achieve a great reputation with our clients. Give us a call today for a free cash offer for your Vancouver or Tri-Cities area home.
Having a hard time selling your house in Vancouver, Washington? Then give Summit Development a call today! We pay cash for houses in the Vancouver area and can close quickly. We buy houses as-is, so you don’t have to upgrade or repair them. For a free, no obligation, no hassle offer on your Vancouver house, fill out the form on this page or call us at 360-667-5424.