Do you own a home that you recently inherited in Vancouver or the Tri-Cities? Or maybe you inherited a home a while ago and you’ve been struggling with the added burden of costs and upkeep. Whatever your situation, if you own an inherited property you don’t really want to hang on to but aren’t sure what to do with, you may want to sell it quickly for cash up front to an investor like Summit Development.
An Additional Property Brings with It Extra Costs and Hassle
If you have recently inherited a house in Washington, consider the following:
- A new property means additional monthly property taxes.
- A new property also likely means new and continual upkeep and maintenance costs
- A new property means increased utility bills and possibly insurance costs (if vacant).
- A new property may not be convenient or close to where you live, making it an added hassle.
- A new property may come with so many repairs and needs that it would take more money and time than you have to get it ready to sell on the MLS with a real estate agent.
- A new property can be a headache in terms of dealing with existing tenants or residents who won’t leave.
The bottom line is that having an extra house just fall into your lap may mean quite a bit of work. So you need to evaluate what you really want to do and what kind of time and money you are willing to invest in the property.
The Best Options for Inherited Property
Many times, a house that you inherit comes with strings attached – either in terms of the emotional burden of dealing with the loss of a loved one who left it to you or in some cases – through the dramatic play out of the probate process and disputes between heirs.
At Summit Development, we fully understand there is an emotional component to an inherited property that may make you simply want to sell it as quickly as possible while you grieve or move on with whatever you are dealing with. For this reason, we make selling your inherited house to us as easy as possible.
Remember, when you work with Summit Development:
- We can pay cash up front and close in as little as 9 days.
- Once we see your property, we can get you an offer within 24 hours.
- Even if the house is still in probate, we can work with you. Call us and we can discuss any specific details.
- You don’t have to fix, clean, or repair anything before we look at the house. We understand that this may be difficult and actually prefer fixer-uppers, so we are never deterred by a house in need of some repairs.
- You don’t have to use a real estate agent or show your house to all kinds of strangers again and again. We only need access for 15 – 30 minutes, so it’s a quick, one-time showing.
- There is absolutely no fees or obligations for us to look at your property or make an offer on it. We’re here to help, not put undue pressure on you at a sensitive time.
Summit Development specializes in helping homeowners in Vancouver and the Tri-Cities who want to sell their inherited and other unwanted homes. No matter what condition your inherited house currently is in, we may be interested. Want to know more? Call 360-667-5424 (Vancouver) or 509-591-9196 (Tri-Cities) or fill out the form on this site today.